Wartakita.id PALU – 2016, Palu and several area in Central Sulawesi will be very busy since many people will come to observe the total solar eclipse TSE 2016 from this area. During total solar eclipse, Palu will experiencing 2 minute 3.3 seconds totality while people in Lore Lindu National Park will have the opportunity to observe totality 38,3 seconds longer or they will see the sun blocked by the moon for 2 minutes 41.6 seconds.
From netizen posting on social media (16/12), few event and meeting already held at Palu for TSE 2016 like Golf open tournament March 8-10, 2016.
Total Solar Eclipse 9 March 2016 Rundown:
- 1st Contact or Start of Partial Eclipse: 07:27:49.2 local time (WITA, GMT+8)
- 2nd Contact or Start of Total Eclipse: 08:37:44.5 local time (WITA , GMT+8)
- Totality: 08:38:45.8 local time (WITA, GMT+8)
- 3rd Contact or End of Total Eclipse: 08:39:47.7 local time (WITA, GMT+8)
- 4th Contact or End of Partial Eclipse: 10:00:28.8 local time (WITA, GMT+8)
Mutiara Airport in Palu will be the main airport to serve the domestic flight from and to Palu. Garuda Indonesia serves direct flight from Jakarta. While others such as Sriwijaya Air, Lion Air, and Wings Air serve Palu – Makassar and Palu – Balikpapan route. Lore Lindu National Park can be reach by car.
Hotels in Palu is quiet easy to find as they also have several chain hotel. List of accommodation can be found in online. There are very limited hotel nearby Lore Lindu National Park in Wuasa Village.